t:(978)496-2090 f:(978)496-2002

The building at 99-105 Broad Street now houses upscale condominiums but has served a number of other purposes since its construction c. 1857.  Built for William H. Boardman, a third generation Boston merchant, to house merchandise acquired in overseas trade, the rare pre-Civil War granite and brick edifice with 5 story façade was also home to, among many others, J. Gibson & Son Liquor Distributors, Pray & Hayes Grocers, Richards Publishing Co., Dexter Bros. Paints and Howe & French, Inc., dealers in chemicals, laboratory supplies, waxes and drugs.   It is fortunate to have survived the Great Boston Fire of 1872 which burned 65 acres nearby to the south and west.  The building was recently enlarged to nine stories and is now known as the Broadluxe Condominium, a conversion that took place in 2008.  Several units are currently for sale.

Blog Archive

Powered by mod LCA